Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Random thoughts

Stories I forget about every time:
A Kind of Artistry
The Waters of Meribah
Tk'tk'tk

Going through Dozois's anthology, I finished Pangborn's The Golden Horn, Zelazny's The Moment of the Storm, Shepard's Salvador and Sterling's Doris Bangs. Doris Bangs will not age well, but it is very well written and does not require a familiarity with the two protagonists to enjoy. Zelazny's story is also excellent, but is nothing you haven't seen before in his stories. Pangborn I am developing a taste for, having enjoyed The Music Master of Babylon previously, and The Golden Horn utilizes that same exquisite feel he has for words to a glorious effect. It is a most haunting story. The standout story for me was of course, the remaining one of the four: Salvador is a masterpiece and I think I have found a new favourite author. 

No comments:

Post a Comment